My suggestions to have a stable information architecture following this rules:
- Reference items by ID. Way better to move and rename items. While wokinge in the user interface pathes are more readable.
- Never use same key in data templates. Keep in mind the this might happen when using inheritance.
- Follow max. 100 items under a single item. Create subdirectories und organize them.
- Use Lucene search instead of (Fast) Sitecore queries (= SQL calls affect perfomance)!
- Avoid branch templates that can change over time. Branch template don't reflect those updates.
- Rich Text Editor. Help Content authors to focus on content, not presentation and never on markup. Use provides Sitecore RTE Profiles: e.g./sitecore/system/Settings/Html Editor Profiles/Rich Text Default
There are way more tips, but those here will help in a first row.